Flanged immersion heaters
are the most efficacious and cost-effective industrial heating devices that are flexible, easy to operate and require minimal maintenance. They are popular in a wide array of industrial applications in areas such as Birmingham Alabama that span a large range of products and services. Their use as heating devices for large amounts of fluids like oil, water and chemical solutions including gases is becoming increasingly popular with many industrial processes. Manufacturers of heating appliances are offering immersion heaters in various sizes and mounting options. These allow for efficient utilization in different kinds of industrial environments ranging from medium to highly corrosive and indoor applications to large-scale outdoor processes.
What are Circulation heaters?
Circulation heaters are a popular type of immersion heaters. Their use is common in preheating, regulating and maintaining temperatures of gases and fluids that are a part of large-scale military, commercial and industrial processes. There are various installation or configuration types for circulation heaters. These include closed loop installations with indirect heating or direct heating and open heating configuration.
Indirect Heating Configuration
In this type of installation, the circulation heater is mounted in an industrial system with tanks that contain large vessels or pumps through which liquids, steam or gases that are used in the industrial process flow. Circulation heaters provide heat to these vessels through which liquids or gases recirculate to maintain temperature. Applications of closed-loop systems include heating corrosive solutions like acids and chemical solvents, viscous heating mediums like chocolate, syrup and adhesives, systems installed in the food and textile industry.
Direct Heating with Circulation Heaters
The circulation heater
in this type of configuration is directly installed in the reservoirs or industrial systems that contain the heating medium or liquid to be heated. The liquid or gas to be heated is recirculated through the heater to regulate its temperature. In such configurations, monitoring the exact power requirement or wattage density is crucial. Applications of such a closed loop installation include research and development systems, testing applications and experimental laboratories.
Open Heating Configuration for Circulation Heaters
In this type of heating configuration, the liquid or gas to be heated is circulated through the industrial heater once only and then expelled into the industrial system. It is suitable for applications that require quick heating of liquids just before they enter the industrial process. Typical applications include cleansing of parts using steam and booster heating applications like commercial dishwashing, oil heating for viscosity reduction and spraying applications that require heavy mediums to be heated in order to ease proper flow to the process as in purification systems.
Applications and uses of Circulation Heaters
- Typical applications of circulation heaters include heating liquids and gases like fuel oils, water, lubrication oils, ammonia, adhesives, hydraulic oils and gases like nitrogen.
- They are also used in freeze control, steam cleansing, refining gasoline, textile industry, tank washing, air cleansing, deionized and process water, heat transfer systems and pipeline heating.
- Circulation heaters come with different mounting options and can be easily installed away from direct processing equipment, which provides safety. They contain drains to help cleanse impurities or residual substances that might otherwise deposit on the heating element.
- The circulation heater can be easily removed for maintenance without the need to drain water tank or reservoir.
- Installation types provide easy cleansing for reservoirs.